LIFEGROUP MEETING GUIDE
HOW TO LIVE THE OVERFLOWING LIFE
GOD IS GOOD, NO MATTER WHAT! (Psalm 23) series – Part 7
Pastor Mike Prah – Week of June 24, 2018
Jesus: “I’ve come that you may have real life, and enjoy it in abundance – to the fullest, until it overflows!” John 10:10 (AMP)
God’s desire is to take you from being stressed to overflowing! The Psalmist says of God in Psalm 23:5, “You fill my cup to overflowing” (NCV) or “My cup overflows” (NIV). God’s desire is to take you from a shortage mindset: “I never have enough” to a surplus mindset: “God has more than I’ll ever need!”. An overflowing life is to be filled beyond capacity with an endless supply of God’s goodness. Four daily habits to help us experience God’s overflowing life include: (1) Stay connected to Jesus every day! (2) Stop complaining and start being grateful, (3) Stop comparing and start being content, and (4) Stop being stingy and start being generous. Please select a few of the following questions from each section to discuss during your LifeGroup meeting. God bless you!
1. OPEN YOUR SESSION WITH PRAYER.
2. ICE BREAKER:
Take some time to share what’s going on in your life, testimonies and/or upcoming events. Recognize birthdays and anniversaries.
3. BIBLE DISCUSSION: PICK THE POINTS YOU WANT TO DISCUSS.
SECTION 1: REVIEWING SERMON MESSAGE
(a). What fresh insight did you learn from the sermon?
(b). What character or attributes of God were stated in or implied by the message?
(c). What Bible verse cited in the message stands out to you the most? Why?
SECTION 2: PERSONALIZING SERMON MESSAGE
(a). What did you hear that encouraged or reassured you?
(b). How did the message increase your appreciation for God or Jesus Christ?
(c). Who can share the positive results of obeying the message or the painful consequences of disregarding its truth?
SECTION 3: ENCOURAGING APPLICATION OF THE SERMON
(a). If we diligently apply the message, what effect would it have on your personal lives and your walk with Christ?
SECTION 4: DIGGING DEEPER
(a). “You can be sure that God will supply everything you need from His abundant wealth that He pours out on us from Jesus Christ.” Philippians 4:19 (MSG+GN)
– When we focus on God’s limitless resources instead of focusing on our limited resources, our life will go from over-stressed to overflowing. From the above Scripture what’s the promise God gives us?
– How will this verse work in your life?
– What will you do when you go through a tough time in your life?
(b). “On the last day of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds: ‘If you are thirsty, come to me and drink! Everyone who really believes in me will have rivers of living water flowing out of their lives.’” John7:37-38 (NLT)
– The Greek word for “believe” in the verse above includes the idea “to cling to” and “to depend upon.” What is the key to receiving God’s overflowing life according to John 7:37-38?
– In what areas of your life are you really clinging on to God right now?
(c). “Do everything without complaining and arguing.” Philippians 2:14 (NLT)
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)
– Read the two verses above about being thankful. Pastor Mike shares that the effect of a complaining & arguing attitude is a shortage mindset which leads to a stressed-out life, whereas a grateful attitude, which is a surplus mindset leads to a peaceful confident, overflowing life. Share your views on this teaching.
– What are some of the practical ways you can be thankful in every daily life circumstances?
– What are some of the consequences to a complaining & arguing attitude at home, work & church?
(d). Jesus: “If you give, you will receive back. Your gift will be returned to you in full measure, packed down and shaken to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving—large or small—it will be used to measure whatever is given back to you.” Luke 6:38 (NLT)
– What & how does Jesus promise us when we give generously to support His work?
– According to this verse how much we receive from God depends on what actions? How does this motivate you in your giving?
– What would you remind yourself or say to somebody who says, “I don’t have enough to give because of my bills?
(e). Pastor Mike challenges us to change the direction of our lives by taking four steps. God wants us to: (1) Stay connected to Jesus every day! (2) Stop complaining and start being grateful, (3) Stop comparing and start being contented, and (4) Stop being stingy and start being generous.
– Consider how making changes in these four areas will make a big difference for you. Are you willing to commit to taking a step forward in any of them? All of them? Please share with the group how you to plan to apply this in your life.
4. PRAYER TIME – PRAYER POINTS
– Pray for each LifeGroup member to respond positively to this message and to follow-through in application.
– Ask for prayer requests and pray for the individual needs of your group.
– Closing Prayer
PLEASE REACH OUT TO ANYONE WHO DID NOT MAKE IT TO YOUR LIFEGROUP MEETING
THANKS FOR COMING! INVITE FRIENDS & COME BACK NEXT WEEK! GOD BLESS YOU!