GOD IS REALLY GOOD EVERY TIME!
GOD IS GOOD, NO MATTER WHAT! (Psalm 23) series – Part 1
LIFEGROUP MEETING GUIDE
Pastor Mike Prah – Week of May 6, 2018
Take personal notes around your Sermon Outline as you listen to the sermon and prayerfully ask the Lord to deal with you personally .Then select a few of the following questions from each section to discuss during your LifeGroup meeting. It is appropriate to supplement participants’ replies with your own recollections of the message. Don’t preach, use the LifeGroup moment as a forum for open discussion and sharing.
1. OPEN YOUR SESSION WITH PRAYER
2. ICE BREAKER:
Take some time to share what’s going on in your life, testimonies and/or upcoming events. Recognize birthdays and anniversaries.
3. BIBLE DISCUSSION. PICK THE POINTS YOU WANT TO DISCUSS.
SECTION 1: REVIEWING SERMON MESSAGE
(a). If you could summarize the sermon what would you say?
(b). Who can summarize one Biblical principle from the message?
(c). What fresh insight did you learn from the sermon?
(d). What character or attributes of God were stated in or implied by the message?
(e). What Bible verse cited in the message stands out to you the most ? Why?
SECTION 2: PERSONALIZING SERMON MESSAGE
(a). What insight from the message left the biggest impression on you? Why?
(b). What did you hear that encouraged or reassured you?
(c). What did you hear that challenged or convicted you?
(d). How did the message increase your appreciation for God the Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit?
(e). From your personal experience, how can you illustrate a point from the sermon?
(f). Who can share the positive results of heeding the message or the painful consequences of disregarding its truth?
SECTION 3: ENCOURAGING APPLICATION OF THE SERMON
(a). What personal application of the message has the Lord shown you? How do you feel about following through with it?
(b). How should the message we heard affect or change our prayers?
(c). If we diligently apply the message, what effect would it have on personal lives and our daily walk with Christ?
(d). What would you say to share this helpful information to benefit someone who did not hear this message?
“What do you have that God hasn’t given you? And if all you have is from God, why act as though you are so great, and as though you accomplished it all on your own?” 1 Corinthians 4:7 (LB)
- Share a time when you accomplished something, received praise for it, and looking back, it’s clear that God orchestrated everything.
“Let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it” Hebrews 4:16 (NLT)
- According to Heb. 4:16 what happens when we ask God for help?
Jesus: “If you, as imperfect parents, know how to give good gifts to your own children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask Him?” Luke 11:13 (NLT)
- What assurances to prayer does Jesus’s statement in Luke 11:13 give you?
- Share a time that you have received “good gifts” as a result to prayer?
“Protect me, God, because I trust in you. You are my Lord! And every good thing I have comes from you!” Psalm 16:1-2 (ICB/NCV)
- From Psalm 16:1-2, what are the 3 reasons we should feel protected in difficult times?
- How does that encourage you?
“We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love Him, and are called according to His good purpose.” Romans 8:28 (NCV)
- Share a time when you have had a difficulty that later worked for good.
4. PRAYER TIME – PRAYER POINTS
- Pray for each LifeGroup member to respond positively to this message and to follow-through in application. Pray for a divine, positive impact as God’s people apply this Word to everyday living.
- Ask for individual prayer requests and pray for the individual needs of your group.
- Closing Prayer
PLEASE REACH OUT TO ANYONE WHO DID NOT MAKE IT TO YOUR LIFEGROUP MEETING & CHECK ON ANY ONE SICK OR IN NEED IN YOUR GROUP.
THANKS FOR COMING! PLEASE COME BACK NEXT WEEK! GOD BLESS YOU!